This bright and colorful succotash is a delicious summer salad that is easy to make and quick to come together. It is the perfect summer grilling side.
- 4 slices Smoked Bacon
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1-½ cup Okra Sliced 1/2 Inch Thick
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Lima Beans Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Black Eyed Peas, Drained And Rinsed
- 4 ears Corn, Shucked And Silks Removed
- 1-½ cup Grape Or Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- ¼ cups Chopped Fresh Chives
- ½ teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1-½ Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
Fry bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Reserve bacon grease. Remove to paper towels to drain. Coarsely chop.
Add onion and okra to skillet. Cook until lightly browned on the edges, approximately 5–7 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Add garlic and butter. Cook for 1 minute stirring several times. Remove from heat and let cool.
Heat grill to medium. Cook corn for 15–20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Once cooled, cut kernels from cob.
In a large bowl, combine lima beans, black eyed peas, corn, tomatoes. Gently stir in cooled onions, okra, garlic and butter. Toss in crisp bacon, chives, paprika and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.